We all do it for the gram. But how far is too far. Instragram influencers have been falling ill after swimming in a lake that looks beautiful… but is actually toxic sludge.
View this post on Instagram
Fotito del primer día, dándome un refresco en el Neme. 50.000 frikazos han visto mi último stories. Estáis muy mal. De momento, como un roble. A ver si hace solecito este finde y sumamos el tercer remojo ya, que apetece. #wolframiomiscojones #melapelaelneme #viscacatalunya #catalunyalliure #bulode4galegos
“Spanish news outlet Publico reported multiple Instagram influencers were recently hospitalized due to rashes and digestive issues after entering the water.
One Instagram influencer told Publico they began vomiting and developed a rash that lasted for two weeks after entering the water for a photo.
Another influencer said they had to be hospitalized for “damage to the skin and digestive system.”
However, another tourist said that despite getting a nasty rash, “the picture was worth it.”
See the geo-tag… there are children there!
Oh and the viral news of the lake’s toxicity… has made the spot even more popular.
WHY ITS HOT?
We’ve heard stories about people falling off cliffs or dying in freak selfie accidents. This shows the way the world will bend to create the social media illusion of a curated life…. even if that pristine selfie is full of WW2 mining chemicals.