Instagram has added lenses and father’s day stickers, similar to Snapchat.
The new lenses include a road trip filter, old man filter, dog filter (cough cough Snapchat rip off), a bear filter, sleepy time filter, and rainbow filter. Most filter are animated and bring the 2D lenses to life.
This is me as a dad, driving through my hood.
The update is available now! So hope on Instagram stories and take these new features for a test drive.
Why its hot?
- Its only a matter if time before they start offering sponsored filters/lenses to brands.
- It’s pretty crazy how much Instagram stories copies features from Snapchat but no one really cares because Instagram stories is doing so much better. Brands are going to be where their fan base is and a majority of brands have grown their following on Instagram.
- It will be interesting to see where Instagram takes this with brands.
BONUS! Eater NYC justput out some really great article that I thought you could all benefit from…
- Where to get $1 oysters (heck yes!): https://ny.eater.com/maps/dollar-oyster-deals-in-nyc-mapped
- 27 Best Happy Hour specials in NYC (dont have to tell me twice): https://ny.eater.com/maps/happy-hour-nyc-best
- Best ice cream in NYC rated. (you scream, ice scream): https://ny.eater.com/2017/6/15/15808630/new-york-ice-cream-ranked