Similar to Cheetos and Pizza Hut, KFC has launched an online merchandise shop packed with limited-edition goods and high-quality fried chicken apparel. The items can be browsed on their microsite. The list of items include apparel, home decor, accessories, and jewelry.
Here are a few items that caught my attention…
- Stay fresh with this Fried Chicken USA Sweatshirt
2. Have an out of this world experience and buy a custom made meteorite designed after a chicken sandwich for $20k, I need it, do you?
3. Wake up next to the one you love… everyday.
4. Show your feet some love with these delicious chicken fried socks.
5. Show the ladies (or gents) a great time out on the town with this tux tshirt, because nothing says classy quite like a graphic tee.
So far HALF of the site is sold out! Its amazing. I don’t know if I would call this merchandise launch an innovative tactic because it has been done in the past, but its proven its success meaning they understand their audience. Do you think Panera Bread is going to release a merch line soon, probably not. But just like Cheetos and Pizza Hut, their audience crave this type of campaign.
“KFC and Colonel Sanders have been American pop culture icons for more than 70 years,” says Steve Kelly, KFC U.S.’s director of media and digital. “Our fans were craving a way to embrace the fried chicken lifestyle, and KFC Ltd. gives them the opportunity to let their Colonel flag fly.”
The brand is also planning to partner with other apparel and lifestyle brands to create other limited-edition offerings, available only within its store.
Why its hot?
- KFC has been around for 70 years and their advertising the product as such. The product line has a primarily vintage feel.
- There’s more to come!
- Its just super cool and an exciting way for brands to connect with their audience.
KFC Is Now Selling Apparel, Home Goods and a Meteorite Shaped Like a Chicken Sandwich