Comment guard is a bot that can be applied to organic Facebook posts. When someone comments on a post, they automatically receive a private Facebook message.
It’s a Facebook post-auto-responder that can be used to build relationships between brands and consumers based on the content in the comment. The consumer will only become a “lead” after they respond to the private message.
Here’s how it works:
- Business A creates a post about designer sneakers.
- User A responds to the post saying, “I really want these sneakers, I haven’t found them anywhere.”
- The bot scans the message for words like “want” or a phrase like “I want” and automatically sends the user information about the business and how they can acquire these hard to find sneakers.
- User A engages with the bot and a community manager can then take over the conversation and guide the user toward conversion.
Read more here.
Why it’s HOT
- It takes less stress off of the community manager to scan messages for potential leads
- Businesses can develop more 1:1 communication with users which leads to better brand recognition
- Adds more ROI to social media as a marketing channel
- Adds a new KPI for social media such as intent to purchase which can be measured by messages sent by the bot and clicks to the URL sent by the bot